Breguet 14

04:10 Unknown 0 Comments



The famous biplane reconnaissance Breguet 14 was born November 21, 1916, the first flight accomplished in the hands of Louis Breguet himself, the engineer Louis Villerme being passenger. The Breguet 14 biplane was a large metal structure and two-seater, used for reconnaissance and bombing during the Great War. 


The first Breguet 14 A-2, two-seater reconnaissance and observation constructed 3,916 copies, entered service during the summer of 1917. Also out of 1,586 factory Breguet 14 B-2 for the bombing, ceux- it has played a significant role in the major land battles of 1917 and 1918 thanks to massive raids inside the German lines.

In total, approximately five thousand three hundred military Breguet 14 were manufactured until December 1918. Many copies were exported around the world, various countries such as Belgium, Brazil, Denmark, Spain, Greece Poland, Romania and Siam having used.

Finally postwar civil transport version, the Breguet 14T, emerged. Moreover demilitarized aircraft were acquired by Latécoère for use on these postal lines across Africa and South America.



Specifications : 


Length: 8.87 m
Wingspan: 14.36 m 
Height: 3.30 m
Wing area: 47.50 m²
Empty weight: 1.030 kg
Max take-off weight: 1.565 kg
Engine: a water-cooled Renault 12Fe series engine, 300 HP starting power
Max speed: 184 km / h
Service Ceilling : 6,000 m
Flight time: 3 h
Crew: 2 men
Armament: 3 MG 7.7 mm, 40 kg bombs (4 x 10 kg)


Opertors : 
France
Argentina
Belgium
Brazil
China
Czechoslovakia
Denmark
El Salvador
Estonia
Finland
Greece
Guatemala
Japan
Lithuania
Iran 
Paraguay
Poland
Portugal
Romania
Soviet Union
Spain 
Serbia
Sweden
Thailand 
Turkey
United States
Uruguay
Yugoslavia


0 commentaires: